Pet Relocation: Where to start?
So, you’ve decided to relocate! You’ll probably already planning all of the exciting things to do in your new place in the UAE. But before that, you’ll also need to answer some essential questions that could have a real impact on your future in a new country. One of them is: are the pets coming with me?
If they’re not, you’re going to have to make sure you have the time to find a nice place for your best friend to stay or someone to take care of them when you leave the country.
If they are, bear in mind that, same as you, they will also require some attention to be fully prepared for the move. Of course, things to worry about vary with the place you’re moving to, but here is a top 5 to start you off:
- Can your pets be relocated? This may sound strange to you at first but you should know that some countries have restrictions regarding the kind of animals (or even breeds) you can take with you. Check how this applies to your destination country before finding any nasty surprises as the key moment approaches.
- What’s the climate where you’re going to? Will the weather there have any impact on your beloved friend? Taking a Siberian husky dog to the sunny dessert may not be the best idea. Just give this some thought. Your pet will thank you later.
- What’s pets legislation like over there? Check whether your pet would need any specific identification, vaccination, insurances, etc. All paperwork must be in place before arriving to your destination.
- Once you’re in-country, are you free to take your pet anywhere or are there places where they’re banned? Having this as clear as water can save you hassle and money.
- How are you going to do it? Will your pet travel with you? Are you using an especial company for this purpose? Choose the best option for both you and your pet.
If you need more information regarding Pet Relocation, just give us a call on 0330 088 1142. We would be happy to speak to you.